amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Obsidian (A Lux Novel)

Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout If there is one word for this book is STEAMY. It’s all fiery personalities, melt-my-bones-hot male lead, and the supernova explosions that come off from each of their encounters. Like, Dayum. I’ll probably even get myself a hardcopy of this, because I’d like to have that Daemon model looking straight at me from my bookcase. Before I need to start fanning myself again, let’s move on to my review. Katy and her mom left the sunny coasts of Florida and moved to boring-middle-of-nowhere West Virginia. Katy is quite the average girl; she has a blog, watches TLC, isn’t good with meeting new people, etc (all things I identified with). Pretty much her life has been boring up until the moment she meets her neighbors. Twins. Dee, who is a hyperactive ball or energy and a welcome friend, and Daemon, who seems hell bent on being the biggest jerk on the planet. After their first encounter, this is Katy’s reaction.What the heck was wrong with him? I thought people in small towns were supposed to be nice, not act like the son of Satan.And believe me, he did act like evil incarnate itself, but girls get ready to sprain your wrists doing some serious fanning because you’ll be feeling like you could auto combust at any moment with him around. Good grief! Daemon wins the most insufferable hottest male of the year. Seriously! He knows exactly how to press Katy’s buttons, and the beauty of it all is that she doesn’t back down. EVER! I don’t think I’ve laughed so hard in a while because of a book. Now the chemistry, the love/hate relationship between these two is so strong, it set the pages on fire! Really! I so LOVED when Katy said “Like and lust must not have anything in common” because she feels attracted to Daemon, but she still hates him. I hate heroines who simply fall in love with bad boys and its love this, love that, blah blah you don’t even know the guy that well. There’s no confusion that what Katy feels for her jerk of a neighbor is mostly lust. And she admits it. She’s cool like that. Aside from the characters the plot kept me hooked; the aliens, their powers, the enemies, the indian stories, all of it! The ending was just perfect too. Katy and Daemon are still going at it, and I can’t wait to read what’s next! And OMG. The scenes from Daemon’s POV!! Looooooooooooooove him! Love him all the more because of those scenes. Now go buy your copy!