amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer  - Michelle Hodkin This is my brain after finishing this novel…*@#&(^!$%^*!(*#&$^&#!$%%!#@*(&!@$&*&*^&(%!!!!!!Like Mara, I don’t know what to think, what to believe, who to trust…what is real? I DON’T KNOW! But aside from feeling like my brain has been turned into an omelet, I think The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is truly a masterpiece in YA Mystery/Thriller. It’s filled to the brim with suspense, action, drama, romance, and everything you can and can’t imagine. For a paranormal romance this was so not what I expected!Hallucinations or Premonitions? What is real and what is not? Half the time I was freaking out with the creepiness and the other half I was swooning all over the place because of Noah. After a while I doubted everything that was being said. Each time Mara remembered a piece of memory, I thought I might figure it out, but no. The skipping of time drove me mad. At one point I thought Mara had finally cracked, but Noah was there.Noah, The scrumptious King of bad boy land. Infuriatingly stubborn, extremely handsome despite his disheveled looks, with a super sweet and caring nature underneath all that reserved specifically for Mara. I loved every moment of their love/hate relationship with their easy banter and the tension always running high. And he’s English! That always gets bonus points from me.If the ending didn’t crack Mara, it certainly cracked me. The choice she has to make, and what she chose. Gah. I hated her in that moment. And of course, the final surprise that made my jaw drop and by brain melt. Can’t wait to know what happens next in the unraveling life of Mara Dyer.