amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2)

Frostbite - Richelle Mead A whole new set of troubles comes Rose’s way in this exciting continuation of the Vampire Academy series. A Gruesome Strigoi attack happens on the day Rose was supposed to take her guardian test. A whole Moroi family and their guardians are killed, but what’s more terrifying is that it seems they have humans helping them. The Moroi royals have only one solution, to run and hide in their luxury ski lodge. All the while Rose is trying to forget what she feels for Dimitri, her hot Russian mentor, but jealousy makes it hard to keep her true feelings in check. So, she does what any girl would do, and tries to forget him by hitching up with another guy. But when another massacre occurs, even Rose has to put aside her personal problems to go and save her friends who have gone hunting for Strigoi to prove they can. All through the book there’s tension: between Rose and her mentor, between Rose and her best friend, between Rose and a new mysterious character. Just everywhere and I loved that. It kept me turning the pages. I totally agree that the Moroi shouldn’t stand behind their guardians; they should take a stand beside them and fight. Hopefully this will be explore further in the following books. Also, it’s been a while since a book has made me seriously tear up, but this one managed it!