amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Pure: The Second Covenant Novel

Pure - Jennifer L. Armentrout Alexandria’s nights have been plagued with horrors ever since the events with her Mom and the band of daimons, and apparently the only way to get a good night’s rest is to be near Seth, which sucks to no end when all Alex wants is to be near Aiden. The students think her a traitor, the instructors treat her as a failure, and the only one she wants she can’t have. Then The Covenant is breached. A student almost gets killed, and they all believe it was a half daimon since the attack came from within. The gods are not pleased, and a statue of the furies now lies within the Covenant; furies that will come to life and kill any and all threat to the gods…even the Apollyons. Pure is such a rush of emotions, with all the twist and turns and the OMG moments, that you won’t be able to put it down until the very last page! Alexandria is as reckless as ever, doing stuff she shouldn’t be doing and blurting out things she shouldn’t be blurting. When the new rules are put into place for the half-bloods, Alex refuses to submit to them almost inciting a revolution. Soon enough, she learns the hard way that maybe rules are not such a bad thing to follow, because disregarding them can bring big consequences. Also, her connection with Seth is growing, and the emotions are leaking through at the most embarrassing moments. But after a terrible ordeal the only one there for her is Seth, and Alex has to think that maybe there’s more to them than a mythical connection.I really liked how the Seth-Alex-Aiden love triangle was worked. I couldn’t help but to fall in love all over again with Aiden. With his silvery eyes, dark curly hair, comments that leave Alex breathless, and that planned date! *Swoons* But he seriously needs to stop doing all that if in the end he’ll just say…we can’t do this. On the other hand is Seth, who I didn’t care for in the first book but now I sort of love him too. Yes, he might be reckless, impulsive, vain, egotistical, and a womanizer, but he seems to genuinely care about Alex. He is there every step of the way, helping Alex get through some tough times, and protecting her from the evils of the NY Covenant. I just hope Alex doesn’t end up using him, and really gives him a chance. Going back to the NY Covenant…I wanted to snap some of the Council’s necks. We really get so see the ugly side of the Pure’s there, and it just made me so angry. Alex finally learns that some battles are won by backing down, and that other’s are just won by awesome destruction with a sickle switchblade thing! Fans of the Covenant series will love this even more, and new readers will fall in love with it. Pure will leave you begging for more!