amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Soul Screamers Volume One: My Soul to LoseMy Soul to TakeMy Soul to Save (Harlequin Teen) - Rachel Vincent In this thrilling second book of the Soul Screamer series, Tod’s ex-girlfriend has sold her soul to a hellion in exchange for fame and fortune. When she realizes what she has done, and that her sister is following in her footsteps, she will ask Kaylee, Nash and Tod for help. This time the gang will have to go to dangerous lengths risking their lives to save not one but two souls. But with Kaylee’s dad exercising his newfound parenting powers, sneaking out to do bean sidhe business might be difficult. Once again Kaylee shows just how brave and fearless she is, by risking her life for another. She is learning more about her powers and how to be a bean sidhe from Nash’s mom. And she will get to practice for real more often than not. It seems there are some abilities that come with being a bean sidhe that neither Kaylee’s dad or Nash’s mom are willing to tell her about yet. We get to read about the dangerous Netherworld and a couple of its residents. The symptoms of being soulless are just really creepy. The end had me nervously sitting at the edge of my seat, when it becomes a race against time to save the souls. I was sad to see Tod’s dark and dangerous side. He really didn’t care for the consequences and for the lives of others as long as he saved his ex. But overall I found this second book to be even better than the first. I’m hoping the third book follows the same pattern and it’s even better than better!