amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Daimon: A Prequel to Half-Blood (Covenant)

Daimon - Jennifer L. Armentrout Alexandria is a half-blood offspring of the demigods. She is tough, she is rough, and not afraid to kick some ass and speak her mind! She is strong and in these short pages shows it time and time again. First by running, yes running, accepting that survival is more important than her grief. Then later, when she is dragged down by grief, by mentally slapping herself and picking herself up to continue surviving. I just loved Alexandria from the first page! I think she is going to be up there with other badass heroines like Rose Hathaway and Katniss Everdeen.The plot was also very interesting. The idea of the Pure-bloods and Half-bloods, and how they declared Alexandria less than that, but there are hints she can actually be more. Also, Pure-bloods have power over one element (fire,water,air,earth), so I’ll be looking forward to some major elemental battles. And some major issues with the ‘no mixing’ between the Half-bloods and Pure-bloods, since Alexandria seems to have a major crush on some hunky grey eyed Pure-blood.The Daimons (evil guys) are quite awful and scary. They are things that feed on aether, the essence of the gods. And though Alexandria is only a half-blood (meaning less aether) they manage to track her as if her aether was large and easy enough to detect. I sense a mystery there!The copy of Daimon I downloaded also included a few pages of Half-Blood. It basically continues the minute after Daimon finishes, so that was cool. And what’s more, I got to meet Aiden St. Delphi, Alexandria’s forbidden crush! I strongly encourage you to go read this!