amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6)

Last Sacrifice  - Richelle Mead Rose’s trial is drawing closer each day, and they still haven’t found proof of her innocence. They need more time. What can they do? Bust Rose out of jail and send her into hiding with Dimitri as protection! But Rose doesn’t play ‘damsel in distress’ very well. She hates the inactivity of it all and decides that she might as well be useful and do something simple as finding Eric Dragomir’s illegitimate daughter. Now with a purpose in mind and with the help of some unlikely allies, Rose and Dimitri must race against time to find Lissa’s half brother or sister before the other guardians and the evil side of Spirit catches up with Rose. In this novel we get to fall in love with Dimitri again. We see him at his weakest, and with Rose’s help he starts to return to his old self. Rose has been so focused on forgetting him and accepting they can’t have anything together, that she doesn’t see the change in Dimitri. His love for her never faded, it was only buried beneath all the guilt. When he confesses this to Rose she is ready to having him back in her arms, but Dimitri tells her he doesn’t want to get between her and Adrian (like always he wants to do the right thing…silly man). But we all know he can’t resist her for long.The part that got me all teary eyed and stuff, was Adrian. (I guess its spoiler time, but I really want to quote this part!) As I read this last part I felt like I was Rose and every single world was a verbal slap for always cheering for Rose and Dimitri to be reunited. Also, I always imagined Adrian would go ‘quietly’ after he found out about it. But, oh man, was I ever more wrong. This is Adrian confronting Rose: “I loved you, and you destroyed me. You took my heart and ripped it up. You might as well have staked me!”“I. Loved. You. And you used me the whole time.”Adrian goes on to remind her that he wasn’t the only to come out with a sad ending. He viciously tells Rose that next time when she is in bed with Dimitri, to remember that Jill, Sydney, and Eddie were also collateral damage to her happy ending. The whole part was just heart wrenching, and thank goodness for the sequel to the series.