amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Finale (Hush, Hush)

Finale - Becca Fitzpatrick I was extremely happy to see improvement in the narrative (the word sleuthing was not used at all, Yay!). It no longer felt like a bumpy ride, but glided smoothly along. I did still make me reel back occasionally with the inconsistencies in the story. Like the girls go to a spinning class at gym when they’re constantly talking about how broke they are, and in a fight Nora tells Patch that everyone told her she should stay away from him because he only saw girls as conquests when in reality they told her to stay away because he was dangerous. Aside from these minor things, I found the sequel more interesting than the first book. Crescendo (a gradual, steady increase in loudness or force) is really an appropriate name for the book. It’s filled with action, deceit, family scandals, jealousy, girl handbag-fights (almost choked on my food while reading this part), dynamite (as in TNT), and tunnels of doom. Oh yes, definitely a book I would recommend.I finished the book cursing long and loudly at the cliffhanger. But that’s ok, its only 3 months until the release of Silence!