amysbookden

Amy's Book Den

Spell Bound (A Hex Hall Novel)

Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins Sophie barely escaped with her life after the events at Thorn Abbey. Alone and powerless she now has to face the Brannicks, a group of fierce warrior women who hunt Prodigium. Secrets will be revealed, and Sophie will find herself the center of everyone's plans for stopping the Castnoffs, but without her magic her chances are next to impossible. After deciding on a plan B to unlock her powers an unexpected turn will literally put Sophie in the center of it all! Spell Bound completed the spell that started back when I read book one. With more action, more romance, and more Sophie humor than ever, this last installment to the Hex Hall trilogy left me enchanted, teary eyed, and a little breathless. It's really sad to see a favorite series come to an end, but at the same time I'm so happy at this conclusion to Hex Hall. It had twist, turns, drops, lifts, and a whole lot of awesomesauce. Sophie still babbles the most hilarious things when she's nervous, Archer still makes me laugh and swoon with his charm, Cal is still quiet and adorable, Jenna is still my BFBF (best fictional best friend), and Hex Hall is the second magical school I love most, after Hogwarts. I'll always remember the slobbering werewolves, Sophie's dress to the ball, demonglass, summer in England, and cellar duty with Archer Cross! Like I've mentioned before, one of the things I loved most about this series (aside from Archer Cross) was the humor. The pop culture references just crack me up every time, and Sophie and Archer's wit together is unbelievable. Sophie's story is one that I'll be going back to read time and time again. Seriously, if you haven't read Hex Hall yet, then I urge you—nay—order you to go to your nearest bookstore or library and get a copy of it. If you've been following this series as fervently as I have, then you won't be disappointed with Spell Bound!